Dreamcatcher DIY

After a little Twilight session on Sunday I decided to make myself a dreamcatcher. Here's how I did it.

You'll need:
  • A hoop
  • Yarn
  • Embroidery thread
  • Assorted beads and feathers
Tie your yarn in a knot around your hoop and keep winding until the whole thing is covered.
Using your embroidery thread, tie knots around five (or more) points on your hoop. Then knot into the middle of each of those. For a better description of this process read this.
Keep going, adding beads as you go, until the centre is your desired size.
Knot a piece of ribbon at the top so you can hang your dreamcatcher.
Then create your hanging tassels of beads and feathers and knot them evenly onto the bottom of your hoop. Odd numbers definitely look better for this.

Once complete hang over your bed (or the couch where you like to nap, like me!)
I don't know about dreams, but so far it's been an excellent rainbow-catcher!