A Simple Paper Bunting Tutorial

I'm sure I'm not the first one to make a bunting or to make a tutorial about making buntings but I am a little under the weather today and decided to brighten the room up a little. And I thought I'd show you how I did it.

You will need:
  • Patterned papers (as many or as little as you like)
  • Old cardboard
  • Pencil
  • Something to cut with
  • A sewing machine or needle and thread
STEP ONE:
Make a template for the triangles with your old cardboard. They can be any size and shape you want. In fact, who said they have to be triangles!


STEP TWO:
Trace your template onto the back of your patterned papers, as many times as you think you need (it will depend on how long you want your bunting to be).

STEP THREE:
Cut out all you little triangles.



STEP FOUR:
Start sewing along the top of your first triangle, leave a few stitches at the end of the first one before joining your second one.


STEP FIVE:

Continue until you have sewn all your little triangles.


STEP SIX:

Trim the threads and hang. Voila.


Of course you don't have to use paper. Try the same technique with fabric, felt, painted canvas, leaves, fabric flowers. And try different shapes too, endless possibilities.

I made a smaller version of little felt circles. I didn't use a template, just freehand cut different sized circles.


Have a bright and cheerful day!