Sometimes the aftermath is just as pretty as the end results.
19 August 2014
I went into this week determined to not have a pink and aqua colour scheme. And I think I succeeded! I had way too much fun playing with my letterpress and watercolours, stamps and sewing machine. I also love the switch from gold to silver, but I still love having some metallic in there.
15 August 2014
12 August 2014
Illness threw me off track this week but I still managed to stay upright long enough to pull this page together. I was spurred on by the arrival of all my new goodies. I must say I don't love this months kit but I do LOVE my new dies and letterpress plates so they feature heavily this week.
07 August 2014
I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my next Project Life kit and thought I'd share some of the other goodies I have heading my way. I also nabbed the Card kit and Scrapbook kit this month as well as the paper pad. Had to add a few more inks to my collection as well as a Glitter Brush Marker. I can't wait for Marcy's new Mini-Book class so I had to get the Gold 4x4 Album and a few refills. I added a few more letterpress plates to my collection, including this lovely, and was lucky enough to grab this die too. I could pretend I was sensible and that that was all I picked up, but I'd be lying! I also grabbed these, this and all the printables.
05 August 2014
01 August 2014
30 July 2014
I thought I'd share a few of my essentials for Project Life (and craftiness in general)...
- I always have a stash of 4x6 White Cards handy (great for backgrounds and stamping etc), they are also handy for printables if your printer can handle 4x6 border-less printing.
- Washi tape. An essential or obsession? More is more, right?
- Date stamp, loving the font and format of the Becky Higgins one but I also have a few others.
- I have an embarrassingly large collection of wood veneer but it's the perfect little embellishment with out bulking your pockets up.
- Love my Tiny Attacher. It was a given considering my fondness for minitures. But it's also handy for attaching said wood veneer or other printables.
- Tape runner. I have no preference to brands, I just get which ever one is cheapest at the time but that being said, some are much better than others.
- Tags are perfect for layering, journalling or (if large enough) can be used as the actual card itself. I love neutrals so they go with any colour scheme.
- I LOVE the Sakura White Jelly Roller but have no preference for black pens at all. I don't often write on my photos so I just grab the nearest black pen for journalling.
- I love little scissors for detail trimming and I use a Fiskars trimmer for larger photo trimming.
- Stazon is my go-to black ink. Works great on photos, doesn't bleed and is waterproof. Perfect.
29 July 2014
I had a great time this week playing with different textures and my attempt at a different colour scheme turned out to be more of a slight variation on a theme. Never mind.
Pulled out my letterpress again and made a couple of different cards using ideas from the Letterpress 2.0 class. I used my favourite polka dot embossing folder to emboss a couple of different cards, the vellum one is especially fun. I also printed a couple of photos of different papers, a grid card and a plain card. I love the look of the grid card – planning to try printing on patterned paper next.
Overall, light and bright and much more optimistic that I felt all week. That "Everything will be alright" card was a must – simply for the moral support!
27 July 2014
24 July 2014
Call me a control freak, or put it down to cost-effectiveness, but I love being able to compose, edit and see exactly what my Instax is going to look like. I know that it sort of defeats the purpose of instant photos, the excitement and wonder as it develops, but at $1-$2 each exposure, I love knowing it is going to turn out every time!
It is simple to set up, easy to use and I'm still excited to watch my photos develop. Smug with a certain security that it's always going to turn out exactly as I want it, but still excited.
22 July 2014
Without even noticing I was doing it, I ended up with my favourite colour combo again. Pink and teal forever. Had to be quick this week because it was freezing in my room so I'm super happy that working with a kit again makes it so easy. I'm really trying not to hoard all my favourite stuff – my goal is to totally kill this kit. I even managed to sneak in another doily this week (am I becoming a convert? Maybe not) and I'm getting much better with the little handheld sewing machine. I'm usually more of a gold girl but I love all the silver accents this week, goes perfectly with the frosty weather we've been having lately.
19 July 2014
17 July 2014
Last month, as well as my Project Life kit, I also picked up the card kit (mostly because of that adorable gnome stamp) and I've made a wee collection of cards that I HAVE to try and get in the mail soon (as opposed to hoarding them for a "special" occasion).
Love that wee hedgehog stamp, I know exactly who is getting that card!
Labels: CRAFTY FUN
15 July 2014
I totally loved this month's kit and couldn't wait to get started. How cute is that little pear stamp? Also loving that awesome die. And I got myself a little hand-held sewing machine to save me the time and trouble of pulling out my big machine every week, but boy, I'm gonna need some practice! Look at those wonky stitching lines. Adds to the character I guess!
12 July 2014
It's been quiet around here, winter is biting and the only place I really enjoy being is in front of the fire. Which makes it hard to do anything except read books (like this, this and this) and watch far too much TV (this is my current favourite).
I took a few days off to relax and create and enjoy some daylight, the results of which has been a lot of card-marking and a few layouts...