Me Me Meme


1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?

Went to Sydney to a conference, and had a total blast!

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Nope, but I have made some headway on my list.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes

5. What countries did you visit?

Australia at the very start of the year, and in the middle again.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Sanity and a little bit of perspective

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Birthday's are always good, so the 24th May is a keeper. The rest are all a blur

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Finally seeking some help to start healing

9. What was your biggest failure?

Waiting so long to do it

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Apart from mental illness, I've had some really nasty allergy stuff for the last four months

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Purple leopard print dress

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

Do you even hear about people's good behaviour? I can't think of anyone off-hand.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

So many to even mention, a certain someone at work is probably the worst

14. Where did most of your money go?

Food, discretionary spending, books, paying debt.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going to Sydney, that was really, really exciting.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

The Fear, Lily Allen

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) Happier or sadder? Sadder

b) Thinner or fatter? Fatter

c) Richer or poorer? About the same

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Enjoying myself, going out, having fun

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Stressing, crying, feeling sad and upset

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

With family at home, eating good food and enjoying the sun (fingers crossed)

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Am still in love, can't imagine not being

22. What was your favourite TV programme?

Project Runway, Top Chef, America's Next Top Model

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Yep, didn't know him this time last year but sure I wouldn't have liked him then either.

24. What was the best book you read?

The Time Traveller's Wife, Under the Tuscan Sun, Twilight series and so many more. It was a very good year for book reading.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

A bit embarrassed to admit it but I loved Taylor Swift. And Glee

26. What did you want and get?

I got the little things (many, many little things). ipod, Blythe dolls, clothes, nailpolish. The trick was working out what I actually wanted. I wanted help and I'm getting it

27. What did you want and not get?

The big things, a house and a wedding and a dog

28. What was your favourite film of this year?

I didn't see too many memorable films this year but I loved Julie and Julia

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 28 and I didn't do very much at all. It was a Sunday, nuff said.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Not being so hard on myself would have made things a lot more satifsying

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Mixed up. I tried very hard to to wear so much black and am slowly starting to find a style I enjoy.

32. What kept you sane?

I didn't stay sane. Much the opposite. Art journalling got at least some of the insanity out of my very crowded head.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Edward (the book version, not the movie version)

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

National winning the election. Still makes me mad. Exactly which promise have they kept so far?

35. Who did you miss?

I missed my family, a lot. It was hard being so far away

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Kim. She has helped and encouraged me, and I never stop laughing

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009

It all starts with me. I have to change me first. And to do that I actually have to work out who I am.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year

"I don't know what's right and what's real anymore. And I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore. And when do you think it will all become clear? Cuz I'm being taken over by The Fear"