New Tricks

When I was doing my Learn Something Everyday book, one of my favourite new techniques happened on my very first page! Layering masking with ink and paper cuts. Here's how...

 1. Choose your favourite papers, in your favourite colours.

 2. Punch a whole pile of your chosen shape using punches, cuttlebug or by hand.

 3. Use the negative space from your punches to make masks. 
Tape some paper round the edges if they are not large enough to handle.

 4. Using ink, spray, paint or whatever you can find,
begin layering the masks all over your chosen area...

...until you have a good coverage. Carry on and complete your layout.

 6. Once your layout in pretty much done, start layering the punched out
pieces over top of the inking, lifting edges to give dimension.

My finished layout...


And here is my sketch if you want to give it a go yourself! I'd love to see if you do!

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway!