Monday Making :: Thank You Card

I've been so inspired by Sketchbook and this card uses a sketch and a stamping idea from the last week of class. Here's how I put it together:

Using a piece of water-colour paper, start by lightly penciling in the center point. Using the center point as a reference, stamp your first image (1). Repeat the same stamp in a grid pattern until you have filled the whole piece (2). Wait until the ink is dry and then carefully erase the pencil lines.

Using a second ink colour and stamp, repeat the grid-style stamping but in the spaces left by the first stamp (3). Using a water-soluble pastel, draw a line around the edge of the card (4).

Blend out the pastel with a brush and water (5). Adhere a strip of coordinating card stock (I created my own by smooshing the same colour ink onto some white card stock) and a piece of ribbon (6).

Emboss your sentiment and mount it on the coordinating card. Attach to the card front using foam dots (7). Die-cut some hearts out of felt, glitter paper and card stock. Attach the felt hearts under the sentiment (8).

Scatter more hearts around the card. Add one on top of the sentiment (9). I changed my mind about the lighter-coloured felt heart so I swapped it out for a darker one. Attach the card front to a card base and voila, all done (10).