Planner Love :: DIY Dividers


Someone asked me how I made the dividers for my planner. There are a couple of ways that I created my dividers. When I first got my planner I dove straight in and glued my existing dividers to some patterned paper, cut around the edge, punched some holes and started decorating.

 

I've used all sorts of things to decorate them, rub-ons, stickers, old postcards, washi tape. The possibilities are endless. And I get to use up my abundance of small letter stickers for the titles! Mostly I just wanted to have fun and if I change my mind or don't like the result, I'll simply make new ones. In fact, I'm pretty sure these are going to be changing often.


But once I decided to make dividers to divide the divisions (!), I had to find another way. I could have just traced the existing dividers onto some more paper or cardstock and then cut them out, but since I'll probably be making a few of these, I created my own cut file for my Silhouette. Then I can cut out as many dividers as I need! I've included the cut file below for those of you with a Silhouette.

A5 Planner Diver Cut file

11 comments :

  1. Hi! I'd love to use your Silhouette cut file, but I can't seem to find where to download it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina, you just need to right click and save this file to your computer and then open it in the Silhouette software and trace the images. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  2. the dividers are only 2.5 " tall when you "right click" the images were not uploaded to your blog as the right size sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. I'm not sure how you are getting such a small file. I just downloaded it to check and the dividers are roughly 9.5 inches. Either way, once you trace it in the Silhouette software you will be able to resize it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Diane,
    Is this file still available? I don't see a link to the cut file. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica, I have added a link to some new files for those having difficulty with my previous file. I hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Thanks. I just used this to cut dividers for my husband's planner on the Silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant seem to find it..Newbie here can you send it to my email
    cathiefrances@hotmail.com
    I have a cricut will that work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just need to click on the link and download the file but I am not sure it will work with a Cricut.

      Delete