Feed Your Craft :: December (not quite) Daily begins again!


Receiving the Calm & Bright kit from Feed Your Craft and Brandi Kincaid was the perfect excuse to start the ball rolling on my December (not quite) Daily album for 2016. My hope is that by starting now and getting a few pages prepped, I might stand a chance of getting it finished this year!

I created the Calm & Bright cutfile by stamping the stamp from the set on some scrap paper, scanning it into my computer and using my silhouette software to trace the image, rearrange it to fit the page and cut it from white cardstock.


I then glued it only a piece of transparency (or in this case, a cutdown page protector) and attaching some sequins. The 6x8 paper behind it was the perfect jumping off point for my colour scheme and later, it will be backed by a full page photo.


Behind that page is a 2x2 grid protector. I cut up some of the 3x4 journalling cards to fit then stamped some string lights onto some white cards and coloured them with gel pens. I added some blue card from my stash to tie in the colours from the 6x8 paper a bit more and then added some more sequins (of course, it isn't Christmas without sequins), this time in gold.

I tried stamping in white ink on the blue cards but I never have great success with white ink on anything other than photos, so I went ahead and stamped it in black. White heat embossing would have worked too, now I think of it.


So far, a solid start. I'm not working with any kits this year, although its been hard to resist! But I'm slowly pulling bits and pieces from my stash so I think I'll have plenty to work with anyway!

Here is the process video of how this page came together... 
You can watch this video on YouTube or subscribe to my YouTube channel here.