Tips for fusing your Pocket Page Notebook


One of my favourite things about the Pocket Page Notebook, is the ability to fuse the pockets! You totally don't need to fuse the pockets, I also love stitching by hand or machine and I've even been know to use double sided tape to close them. But fusing, is super easy and so much fun once you know all the sneaky tips!

Here are my top tips for fusing your pockets:

  1. Make sure you're working on both sides of the pocket, once its sealed, it won't be accessible to make changes!
  2. Make sure your Fuse tool is good and hot. I usually let mine heat up for 10-15 minutes before starting.
  3. Slip a piece of HEAVY cardboard under the pocket before fusing.
  4. Try to have your pocket as flat as possible, This might mean shuffling pages, or holding the other side of the book up at a 90 degree angle.
  5. When you're fusing, press hard and roll quickly.
  6. Don't leave the Fuse tool in one place for very long or you will melt a hole straight through.
  7. Try fusing on both sides of the pocket to create a more secure join.


Here is the process video of how I put all these tips into action... 
You can watch this video on YouTube or subscribe to my YouTube channel here.