Art Crush

Some very inspiring artists I've been crushing on lately. I really want to start drawing and painting again (haven't done much in the last 5-6 years) and these ladies ispire me the most...

Melissa Haslam (Cherry Fields)
I love the whimsical elements in her paintings and the beautiful saturated pastel colours. I adore the new portraiture style she is experimenting with too.











The slight exaggeration of her facial features really exaggerates the emotions of her subjects. I love the penetrating eyes and the sensuous mouths. I also love the darkness of her paintings.












Always a favourite, her line work is simple and stunning. I love the textures of her wood pieces and the subtle washes of colour. The black and white line work over a middle colour is so striking.














What's inspiring you today?