Art Journaling and me

I was recently interviewed by Flow magazine about art journalling. And I realised that, although art journalling is a large part of my life, I don't very often share my journals here.

So I thought I'd share a few pages here...


I started art journalling about 6 years ago, when Rachel Denbow offered her first class, Steady Hand Faulty Heart. I was instantly hooked.


Since then I've taken more classes by Rachel and also Kara, Debee and Vivianna.


I use all sorts of materials, paint, pens, paper, photos, magazines, fabric, stitching, embellishments, ribbons, stickers, ink, pencils, crayons, found papers... the list goes on and on.


I don't have a set style. Some of my pages are more graphic, some are messy, some are almost totally covered in words and some have none at all.


I've filled many journals, some bought, some handmade. Some filled with great memories, and some that are only there to remind me how far I've come.


You can see more of my pages here, here and here. And if you've ever wanted to try art journalling, my best advise is to do it!